Research And Views Archives | Equitymaster

Helping You Build Wealth With Honest Research
Since 1996. Try Now

  • MyStocks

MEMBER'S LOGINX

     
Login Failure
   
     
   
     
 
 
 
(Please do not use this option on a public machine)
 
     
 
 
 
  Sign Up | Forgot Password?  

Archives... Don't Miss Anything, Ever!

Here you will find all the research and views that we post on Equitymaster. Use the tools to customize the results to suit your preference!


















Authors
 

HCL Infosystems: Tough times

Jan 18, 2002

The slowdown in the Indian industry has taken a toll on the topline and operating margins for HCL Infosystems. The company has reported a 4% decline in revenues on a YoY basis. However, the net profits have climbed down even more sharply. The bottomline has registered a sharp 17% decline. This is inspite of a large other income component for Rs 28 m. Had the other income been equal to Rs 4 m (the other income figure in 2QFY01) the bottomline would have fallen by a sharp 30%.

PC Markets: Plummeting realisations

Jan 9, 2002

According to figures released by MAIT (Manufacturers Association of Information Technology), the economic slowdown has impacted PC sales adversely causing a YoY decline of 4% in volumes in the first half of fiscal 2002. This is contrary to the trend in FY01, during which the PC markets witnessed a steep 34% volume growth in PC sales. Infact so sharp has been the decline that MAIT has revised its forecast for the PC markets from a growth from 30% to a decline of 12% for FY02.

PCs: The services edge

Jan 3, 2002

The PCs market in India is divided amongst three players. The unorganised segment that is comprised of independent assemblers, Indian branded players like HCL Infosystems and MNC brands like Compaq. The cost leadership policy has given the unorganised segment an edge over its branded competitors. Consequently, these players have 53% of the market share. However, with realisations falling rapidly, the break up might change in the future.

PC: Price Vs Differentiation

Mar 14, 2001

The hardware sector, which is dominated by the unorganized sector, has little space left for the branded players. The unorganized sector presently has a 59% market share. The remaining 41% is shared between the MNC (24%) and the Indian brands (17%). Due to lower prices the unorganized sector has managed to dominate. The unorganized sector consists mostly of very small outfits, which assemble readily available parts. They manage to buy the components at lower prices (possibly without paying taxes


How to Trade the
Coronavirus Crash

Coronavirus Crash
Get this special report, authored by Equitymaster's top analysts, now.
We will never sell or rent your email id.
Please read our Terms

MARKET STATS