Visualsoft: Magic mix - Views on News from Equitymaster

Helping You Build Wealth With Honest Research
Since 1996. Try Now

  • MyStocks

MEMBER'S LOGINX

     
Login Failure
   
     
   
     
 
 
 
(Please do not use this option on a public machine)
 
     
 
 
 
  Sign Up | Forgot Password?  

Visualsoft: Magic mix

Dec 21, 2000

Visualsoft has the distinction of being one of the most successful software products based companies. In 1HFY01 51% of the revenues were from products and the remaining 49% from services. The products comprise of components, frame works and applications. In the services area, Visualsoft offers ASP (application service provider) services for its products. What makes the mix magical is the fact that the domains in which the company offers its products have tremendous growth potential. E-business is currently the hottest area for the software community. 89% of Visualsoft’s project revenues are from Internet technologies. Having implemented ERP, most of the organisations are now implementing Datamining solutions. Business intelligence, with an estimated potential of Rs 6,600 bn by FY03, also provides an opportunity for Visualsoft. It’s product in this area FelxiReports and VisualSales could be one of the major revenue earners in coming years.

The biggest problem that organisations will face, and are facing to an extent, is security. The gamut of solutions for security includes products for anti–virus, firewalls, encryption, network intrusion and detection, network/ vulnerability assessment and security management and authorisation tools. Visualsoft has developed products for this domain, which again could be big business.

The company has a very strong track record with a revenues growing at a CAGR of above 100% for the last three years. However, the results for 2QFY01 did not show significant improvement in earnings due to delay in launch of a few key products, which Visualsoft was banking on heavily.

  3QFY99 4QFY99 1QFY00 2QFY00 3QFY00 4QFY00 1QFY01 2QFY01
Net sales Rs m 83.5 108.3 127.6 150.6 179.6 222 266.7 298.5
Growth Q-o-Q   29.7% 17.8% 18.0% 19.3% 23.6% 20.1% 11.9%
OPM 44.3% 47.2% 46.8% 46.5% 46.3% 45.3% 42.6% 54.2%
NPM 38.6% 41.4% 42.6% 42.2% 41.9% 40.8% 38.7% 50.7%

Recently, the company entered into two major R&D outsourcing contracts with US-based multinationals. Though the names and the values of the orders have not been disclosed under Non Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), the company claimed that one of the orders was with a reputed consumer electronics company which would fetch continuous streams of revenues. The projects would last for a period of about two and a half years. The company is also set to enter into two more R&D contracts in the next 40 days, of which one project would be in the unified communications space. It would be interesting to know what Visualsoft has to offer in the communications domain. These four projects are estimated to increase billing revenues by over Rs 604 m.

It has a facility where it can house around 1,250 people. Currently, the strength is around 450 and company plans 250 recruitments in the near future. Also, Visualsoft plans to open offshore business development and support centers in New Jersey, Silicon Valley and London with a capital expenditure of around Rs 300 m.

Visualsoft is trading at Rs 784 at a P/E multiple of 27 times the annualised 1HFY01 earnings. The valuation seems to be quite low considering the product profile and its operating margins.


Equitymaster requests your view! Post a comment on "Visualsoft: Magic mix". Click here!

  

More Views on News

Sorry! There are no related views on news for this company/sector.

Most Popular

Why We Picked This Small-cap Stock for Our Hidden Treasure Subscribers (Profit Hunter)

Sep 17, 2020

This leading household brand will profit big time in a post covid world.

My Top Stock to Buy in this Market Selloff (Profit Hunter)

Sep 22, 2020

The recent correction offers a great opportunity to buy this high conviction smallcap stock.

What Do the Charts Say About Buying Smallcaps Now? (Fast Profits Daily)

Sep 18, 2020

Everyone seems to be excited about buying smallcaps now...but is it the right thing to do? What do the charts tell us? Find out in this video...

How Much Money Do You Need to Be a Professional Trader? (Fast Profits Daily)

Sep 17, 2020

In this video I'll answer a question I get asked often: How much capital do I really need to trade the markets for a living? Let's find out...

More

Covid-19 Proof
Multibagger Stocks

Covid19 Proof Multibaggers
Get this special report, authored by Equitymaster's top analysts now!
We will never sell or rent your email id.
Please read our Terms

TRACK VISUALSOFT(I)

  • Track your investment in VISUALSOFT(I) with Equitymaster's Portfolio Tracker. Set live price alerts, get research alerts and more. Get access now...
  • Add To MyStocks

MARKET STATS