X

Sign up for Equitymaster's free daily newsletter, The 5 Minute WrapUp and get access to our latest Multibagger guide (2018 Edition) on picking money-making stocks.

This is an entirely free service. No payments are to be made.


Download Now Subscribe to our free daily e-letter, The 5 Minute WrapUp and get this complimentary report.
We hate spam as much as you do. Check out our Privacy Policy and Terms Of Use.
Indian Stock Market News, Equity Market and Sensex Today in India | Equitymaster
  • MyStocks

MEMBER'S LOGINX

     
Login Failure
   
     
   
     
 
 
 
(Please do not use this option on a public machine)
 
     
 
 
 
  Sign Up | Forgot Password?  

Eco survey boosts markets
Fri, 27 Feb 01:30 pm

BSE Sensex and NSE-Nifty bolstered gains as better than expected economic surveys improved investor sentiment. Both the Sensex and Nifty have gained over 1% each. Amongst all the sectors; Power, Metals & Mining and Banks have seen the maximum buying. Trading in defensive sectors namely FMCG and Information Technology remained sloppy.

Sensex has gained over 300 points while Nifty has gained over 100 points. Both S&P BSE Mid Cap and BSE Small Cap has outperformed the market. S&P BSE Midcap has gained about 1.3% while S&P BSE Smallcap has gained about 1.2%. The Indian Rupee is trading at 61.84 against the U.S. Dollar.

Investor optimism received a major boost after the Finance Ministry disclosed a bunch of important economic numbers. According to the data released in the Economic Survey by the Finance Ministry, the Current Account Deficit (CAD) is expected to fall to 1% of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by the next financial year. The Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation is expected to remain in the range of 5% and 5.5%.According to the Finance Ministry, the GDP of India is expected to be around 8% in the next fiscal year.

Two companies, Larsen & Toubro and Tata Power are leading the Nifty 50 pack with gains of over 4%. The Government of India has shortlisted these two companies as possible recipient of defence projects totalling to the tune of Rs 50,000 crores. The Government is expected to take responsibility of 80% of the project cost while the remaining 20% will be taken care by the partners. The first prototype is expected to be revealed in 18-24 months.

For information on how to pick stocks that have the potential to deliver big returns, download our special report now!

Read the latest Market Commentary

Equitymaster requests your view! Post a comment on "Eco survey boosts markets". Click here!

  

Small Investments
BIG Returns

Zero To Millions Guide 2018
Get our special report, Zero To Millions
(2018 Edition) Now!
We will never sell or rent your email id.
Please read our Terms

S&P BSE SENSEX


Jan 22, 2018 (Close)

MARKET STATS