Sign up for Equitymaster's free daily newsletter, The 5 Minute WrapUp and get access to our latest Multibagger guide (2018 Edition) on picking money-making stocks.

This is an entirely free service. No payments are to be made.

Download Now Subscribe to our free daily e-letter, The 5 Minute WrapUp and get this complimentary report.
We hate spam as much as you do. Check out our Privacy Policy and Terms Of Use.
Indian Stock Market News, Equity Market and Sensex Today in India | Equitymaster
  • MyStocks


Login Failure
(Please do not use this option on a public machine)
  Sign Up | Forgot Password?  

Indian equity markets trade flat
Mon, 1 Oct 11:30 am

Indian equity markets continues to trade flat over the last two hours of trade. Auto and IT stocks witnessed maximum buying interest while metal and banking stocks witnessed maximum selling pressure.

The Sensex today is up by 8 points, while the NSE-Nifty today is up by 2 points. BSE Mid Cap index and the BSE Small Cap index are up by 0.77% and 0.92%. The rupee is trading at 52.77 to the US dollar.

Steel stocks are trading in the red led by JSW Steel and JSW Ispat. According to a leading financial daily, Steel Authority of India (SAIL) is in the process of beginning work on a steel-cum-fertiliser complex at Sindri in Jharkhand. The project comprises of a 5.6 million tonne per annum (mtpa) steel plant, 1.5 mtpa urea plant and 1,000 MW power plant at the erstwhile Fertiliser Corporation of India (FCIL) complex. The company is likely to invest Rs 350 bn of which Rs 260 bn would be spent on the steel mill and about Rs 45 bn on the urea unit and the rest amount would be utilised for setting up the power project. SAIL has already formed a special purpose vehicle - SAIL Sindri Projects Ltd (SSPL) with 89% stake in it while the remaining 11% is held by the FCIL. The company has in its possession 5,800 acres of land out of which about 4,500 acres is encumbrance free. The project, which is likely to be completed within four years after construction begins, is likely to provide direct and indirect employment to about 20,000 people.

Pharma stocks are trading strong led by Divis Lab and Strides Arcolab. According to a leading financial daily, Zydus Cadila has received the US drug regulator's nod to market Irbesartan tablets, an anti-hypertension drug, in the US market in strengths of 75 mg, 150 mg and 300 mg. The company has previously received approvals to market two anti-hypertension drugs in the US market, Losartan Potassium tablets and Losartan Potassium plus Hydrochorothiazide tablets in October 2010. The group now has 72 approvals and has so far filed 150 ANDAs since the commencement of filing process in FY04.

For information on how to pick stocks that have the potential to deliver big returns, download our special report now!

Read the latest Market Commentary

Equitymaster requests your view! Post a comment on "Indian equity markets trade flat". Click here!


Small Investments
BIG Returns

Zero To Millions Guide 2018
Get our special report, Zero To Millions
(2018 Edition) Now!
We will never sell or rent your email id.
Please read our Terms


Feb 19, 2018 11:51 AM