How Financial Guardians Can Help You Achieve Your Financial Goals
Feb 16, 2017
Most of us dream of what we'd like to become at a later stage in life or the things we'd like to do. When it comes to our money, these dreams must be translated into clear goals to employ the best way of achieving them.
Typical aspirations in the world of financial planning could range from funding your child's education to saving enough for a comfortable retirement. The key is to be realistic about what you think you can achieve, you're confident in your ability to win.
Whatever you plan to do with your money, a Certified Financial Guardian (CFG) could help you achieve your goals.
So what's so unique of a CFG?
- No sales obligation: A CFG shares his compensation model upfront. This approach builds trust and assures you as investors that a CFG has puts forth your interest in mind at all times. CFGs go a step further. They cement the relationship with clients by understanding their current financial health as well as the investment objectives before recommending any financial products.
- Protects you and your family: A CFG will ask you tough questions you may not have thought of: For example, "Have you saved enough for rainy day?", "Have you ensured the financial wellbeing of your family when you pass away", "Have you written a Will to pass on assets to your loved ones?" amongst a host of others. The idea behind is to make you rightly introspect to recognise the nuances of financial planning.
- Avoid costly mistakes, administration costs, investment fees, and taxes: These are some of the costs novice investors miss while planning their financial future. A CFG is aware of these and the impact on your financial goals. Therefore, they can prudently suggest an alternative course of action.
- Set time frames for your financial goals: Good financial advice helps you set and plan financial goals. A CFG will assess if your financial goals are S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Adjustable, Realistic and Time-bound) or are mere fantasies. Based on the time horizon to achieve it, he/she can classify the goals into short-term, medium-term, and long-term. This helps you maintain focus and channelize investments accordingly to achieve them.
- Prioritise financial goals: We all have multiple financial goals and all of them seem important to us. Planning for them can be a herculean task if you don't prioritise them. So, based on the urgency and the time horizon, a CFG can help counsel you to distinguish between: responsibilities, needs, and dreams.
Children's education is a 'responsibility' that needs to be shouldered.
Buying a house to live in and saving enough for a comfortable retirement are a 'needs'.
On the other hand, wanting to own high-end luxury cars, or going on a world tour, could be a 'dream', which may be within reach (can be planned for) or beyond (cannot be planned for) based on a financial assessment.
Your financial life will be stressful if you fail to slice and dice your financial goals well. A CFG looks at your plan objectively. They are rational, rather than emotional, which will help you immensely in the goal planning exercise.
- Reduce stress: Even with the best intentions, it's often hard to find enough time to create and manage a comprehensive wealth plan that will really make the most of your money. With a CFG to handhold, you can confidently tread on the path to wealth creation and financial wellbeing.
- Draw a prudent financial plan: A CFG possesses skills to draw a prudent financial plan to take better control of your personal finances and meet your aspirations vide a variety of investment avenues. This is intended to achieve the investment objectives and build the required goal corpus taking cognisance of your risk profile. Besides, he/she will periodically review the plan to ensure you're on course, make necessary corrections if need be, and even account for changing dynamics (a new member into the family, a medical emergency, an unexpected layoff, etc.). So through this agile approach there's enough goal mapping and goal tracking.
- Leave a legacy: A CFG will help you assist in prudent estate planning to make sure your family is financially secure when you pass away. Note that, if you die intestate (i.e. without a Will) the law of the land will distribute your assets in a manner which you may not have intended.
- Be empowered: A CFG with handholding at every point in time and by imparting financial knowledge empowers you as an investor, whereby you start taking conscious financial decisions in the interest of your long-term financial wellbeing.
Remember, sound financial advice, guidance and support can help make your dreams come true. To find a financial advisor whom you can trust visit www.certifiedfinancialguardian.com.
PersonalFN is a Mumbai based personal finance firm offering Financial Planning and Mutual Fund Research services.
More Views on News
Jul 14, 2016
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has declared results for the quarter ended June 2016. The company has reported a 3% QoQ increase in consolidated sales while the consolidated net profit was up 0.3% QoQ.
Jul 8, 2016
Tata Motors Ltd has reported a 19% YoY and 202% YoY growth in sales and net profits for the quarter ended March 2016.
Jul 4, 2016
Idea Cellular has reported a 12.4% YoY growth in the topline and a decrease of 0.4% YoY in the bottomline for the quarter ended March 2016.
Feb 23, 2017
The term 'Financial Planner' may be used inaccurately by some financial advisors. Beware!
Feb 23, 2017
There is a fundamental problem with the argument that robots are going to destroy human jobs.
More Views on News
Feb 11, 2017
A wealth-building strategy is more than just about how to pick good stocks.
Feb 14, 2017
Apurva closed a trade with gains of 18.24% for his Swing Trader subscribers. But he's not happy about it. Find out why.
Feb 21, 2017
Why buybacks may not always be a tempting proposition.
Feb 15, 2017
The investors are writing down their investments in these firms.
Feb 21, 2017
Will the proposed buyback change the fortunes of TCS?