• OUTLOOK ARENA
  • VIEWS ON NEWS
  • APRIL 26, 2001

Aptech : Other income ensures profitability

Aptech has managed to post profits due to an other income figure of Rs 27 m in 1QFY02. Excluding this the company would have posted losses. For 1QFY02 its has posted a drop of 8% in revenues compared to 1QFY01. However, the net figure has jumped by 39%.

For 1QFY02, 88% of the revenues came from the education business and the remaining 12% came from software business.

The company's operating margins have dipped by 10 basis points. Aptech's education courses might be under pressure due to the job scenario in the software market becoming tough. Also, with the .NET platform catching up Aptech might have to incur expenditure on developing new course material and training its faculties to meet the demand. This could put further pressure on the margins.

(Rs m) 1QFY01 1QFY02 Change
Net Sales 726 670 -7.7%
Other income 1 27 2627.0%
Expenses 623 575 -7.7%
Operating profit 103 95 -8.1%
Operating margin 14.2% 14.1%  
Depreciation 78 95 21.5%
Interest 3 -  
Profit before tax 24 27 13.3%
Tax 4 -  
Profit after tax 20 27 35.9%
Net profit margin 2.8% 4.1%  
Fully diluted no.
of shares (m)
30.3 30.3  
EPS* 3 4  
P/E (x)   39.0  
*(annualised)      

At a current market price of Rs 140, the stock is trading at a P/E multiple of 39 times its 1QFY02 annualised earnings.

Copyright © Equitymaster Agora Research Private Limited. All rights reserved.
Any act of copying, reproducing or distributing this newsletter whether wholly or in part, for any purpose without the permission of Equitymaster is strictly prohibited and shall be deemed to be copyright infringement.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Equitymaster Agora Research Private Limited (Research Analyst) bearing Registration No. INH000000537 (hereinafter referred as 'Equitymaster') is an independent equity research Company. Equitymaster is not an Investment Adviser. Information herein should be regarded as a resource only and should be used at one's own risk. This is not an offer to sell or solicitation to buy any securities and Equitymaster will not be liable for any losses incurred or investment(s) made or decisions taken/or not taken based on the information provided herein. Information contained herein does not constitute investment advice or a personal recommendation or take into account the particular investment objectives, financial situations, or needs of individual subscribers. Before acting on any recommendation, subscribers should consider whether it is suitable for their particular circumstances and, if necessary, seek an independent professional advice. This is not directed for access or use by anyone in a country, especially, USA, Canada or the European Union countries, where such use or access is unlawful or which may subject Equitymaster or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement. All content and information is provided on an 'As Is' basis by Equitymaster. Information herein is believed to be reliable but Equitymaster does not warrant its completeness or accuracy and expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied. Equitymaster may hold shares in the company/ies discussed herein. As a condition to accessing Equitymaster content and website, you agree to our Terms and Conditions of Use, available here. The performance data quoted represents past performance and does not guarantee future results.

SEBI (Research Analysts) Regulations 2014, Registration No. INH000000537.

Equitymaster Agora Research Private Limited (Research Analyst)
103, Regent Chambers, Above Status Restaurant, Nariman Point, Mumbai - 400 021. India.
Telephone: +91-22-61434055. Fax: +91-22-22028550. Email: info@equitymaster.com. Website: www.equitymaster.com. CIN:U74999MH2007PTC175407