Cadbury's open offer - Views on News from Equitymaster

Helping You Build Wealth With Honest Research
Since 1996. Try Now

  • MyStocks

MEMBER'S LOGINX

     
Login Failure
   
     
   
     
 
 
 
(Please do not use this option on a public machine)
 
     
 
 
 
  Sign Up | Forgot Password?  

Cadbury's open offer

Dec 11, 2001

Cadbury Schweppes Plc (Cadbury India's parent) has made a voluntary offer to the shareholders of Cadbury India to acquire up to 17.5 m equity shares of Rs 10 each, representing 49% of the company's equity capital, at the price of Rs 500 per share. Cadbury Schweppes holds the remaining 51% stake in Cadbury India. The offer is scheduled to open on January 24, 2002 and close on February 22, 2002. The record date for this offer has been fixed as December 13, 2001.

It should be noted that the Cadbury management had earlier indicated that they plan to take the Indian subsidiary private. The Cadbury stock price has gained 25% in the last one month to Rs 484, owing to this announcement.

It is unlikely that Cadbury India would manage to attract the entire 49% shareholding with this offer, as the price offered is hardly at a 3% premium to the prevailing market price. However, the offer price is at a 24% premium to compared to the 26 week average of the closing high-low price quoted on the bourses. Despite this, owing to Cadbury India's dominant postion in the Indian chocolate market, Indian shareholders may not want to let go of this gravy train so easily.

At the offer price of Rs 500, the stock's P/E stands at 31x projected FY02 earnings and at 27x FY03E earnings.

Equitymaster requests your view! Post a comment on "Cadbury's open offer". Click here!

  

More Views on News

This Multibagger Stock Zooms 20% After Dolly Khanna Buys Stake (Views On News)

Nov 24, 2021

Shares of this edible oil company zoomed over 50% in three days after ace investor bought around 1% stake.

What Led to the Massive Surge in the Stock of Jubilant FoodWorks? (Views On News)

Aug 18, 2021

Jubilant FoodWorks hits new high, surges 35% in a month on growth prospects.

Zomato Delivers a Hot Listing. Did You Grab a Bite? (Views On News)

Jul 23, 2021

Zomato scripted history on Friday by becoming India's first unicorn to debut on the stock exchanges.

Jubilant FoodWorks Hits Record High on Strong Sales Recovery in June Quarter (Views On News)

Jul 22, 2021

Jubilant FoodWorks is back in the black, aided by higher revenues despite the second wave disrupting operations.

Varun Beverages Q1 Review: Net Profit Rises Two-Fold; Board Announces 1:2 Bonus Issue (Views On News)

May 4, 2021

Varun Beverages' two-fold jump in profit came on the back of strong volume growth and demand recovery.

More Views on News

Most Popular

Infosys vs TCS: Which is Better? (Views On News)

Nov 26, 2021

In the post pandemic era, the top two IT companies in India are fighting to capture the growing demand for IT.

This Multibagger Stock Zooms 20% After Dolly Khanna Buys Stake (Views On News)

Nov 24, 2021

Shares of this edible oil company zoomed over 50% in three days after ace investor bought around 1% stake.

6 Popular Stocks that Turned into Penny Stocks (Views On News)

Nov 27, 2021

A look at popular stocks that crashed big time and never recovered, i.e. which went from 'Multibaggers to Multibeggers'.

How to Find Your Next 10-Bagger in this Market (Profit Hunter)

Nov 19, 2021

The #1 make or break factor in your portfolio you shouldn't ignore.

MobiKwik IPO Opens for Subscription Soon. Key Things to Know Before Subscribing. (Views On News)

Nov 20, 2021

The Rs 19 bn issue is set to hit the market soon.

More

Become A Smarter Investor
In Just 5 Minutes

Multibagger Stock Guide 2022
Get our special report Multibagger Stocks Guide (2022 Edition) Now!
We will never sell or rent your email id.
Please read our Terms

TRACK CADBURY (I)

  • Track your investment in CADBURY (I) with Equitymaster's Portfolio Tracker. Set live price alerts, get research alerts and more. Get access now...
  • Add To MyStocks

MARKET STATS